CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Today Is: Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I posted the following statement as a response to one of my facebook friend's comments about being exasperated at the current phony, corrupt state of the music "industry." I decided to re-post it on this blog because I want to dedicate some time to contemplating how to make sure that history does not negatively repeat itself when it comes to the legacy of Black music:

Rapping was always the noblest most intellectual pursuit to me. I always thought that you have to be a seriously fly know-it-all to properly pull it off in this profession. However, there were no checks and balances so now the terrain is what it is. SMH...Just another possible Black culture casualty...Unless those of us who are truly pure rappers at heart rally and pull off a victory. I'm tired of the annals of history showing pure creations being tainted and destroyed.

Have a fly day!

Lots of Love,

Starface

0 comments: